As Postdoctoral Researcher at Ghent University, Belgium, she is a co-PI on the project Cross-cultural Conceptions of the Self: South Asia, Africa, and East Asia, awarded by University of Birmingham’s "Global Philosophy of Religion" project supported by the John Templeton Foundation.
She specialises in Indian and Cross-Cultural Philosophy and her current comparative research focuses on the topics of epistemic authority and testimony, and South Asian debates over social justice in Indian (mainly Nyāya) philosophy and contemporary philosophy (mainly social epistemology, virtue ethics, and philosophy of religion). Her doctoral research project entitled “Indian realism from a contemporary perspective” at the Department of Languages and Cultures (India) of Ghent University will soon result in a monograph on "authority and testimony".
Previous academic appointments
- Lecturer for Theoretical and Comparative Philosophy (2019-2020) at the Institute for Philosophy at Leiden University, The Netherlands:
- Comparative Philosophy. Classical Readings in Indian and Chinese Philosophy, BA Global Philosophy.
- Epistemology, BA Global Philosophy.
- Philosophical Perspectives on Global Issues. Thematic seminar, BA International Studies.
- History of Philosophy and Introduction to Logic and Epistemology, LUC Den Haag.
- Gonda Research Fellow (2018-19) at the International Institute for Asian Studies, awarded by the Royal Netherlands Academy for Arts and Sciences (KNAW) for a project “Imagination and appeal to reliability. Dharmakīrti’s polemics with Nyāya philosophers.”
Doctoral Researcher (2013-17) at the Department of Languages and Cultures, Ghent University, Belgium.
Special Research Fund (BOF): “Indian realism from a contemporary perspective.”
Teaching Assistant (2008-11) at the Institute for the Middle and Far East, Jagiellonian University in Krakow, Poland.
After her MA degree in Philosophy (specialisation: Philosophy of Mind, thesis: “Richard Swinburne's concept of the soul and his arguments for dualism”) from the Institute of Philosophy, Sociology and Journalism, University of Gdansk, Poland, she completed Interdisciplinary Ph.D. Studies at the Institute for the Middle and Far East, Faculty of International and Political Studies at the Jagiellonian University in Krakow, Poland, and Postgraduate Diploma in Indian Philosophy and Religion at the Department of Philosophy and Religion, Banaras Hindu University in Varanasi, India (awarded by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), Embassy of India in Warsaw).
She obtained her PhD in Philosophy with specialisation Eastern Philosophy in April 2017 from the Institute of Philosophy and Sociology, Pedagogical University of Krakow, Poland (doctoral thesis: “The concept of causation in the philosophy of Nyāya-Vaiśeṣika”).
- Logic and Religion Association (LARA), Scientific Board Member, Organising Committee of the "3rd World Congress of Logic and Religion" 2022.
- Comparative and Continental Philosophy Circle (CCPC) Member (since 05.2019). Organising team member “14th Annual Meeting of the Comparative and Continental Philosophy Circle (CCPC)”, 23-25.05.2019, Leiden University, The Netherlands.
- Global-Critical Philosophy of Religion, Experts’ Board, American Academy of Religion (AAR), Participating Scholar (since 11.2017).
- Society for Asian and Comparative Philosophy (SACP) Member (since 01.2017). Organising Committee Member “50th Annual Society for Asian and Comparative Philosophy Conference”, Krakow, Poland, June 2018.
- Comparative and Global Philosophy, Dutch Research School of Philosophy (OZSW), The Netherlands, Associated Member (since 07.2015).
- Indian philosophy blog. http://indianphilosophyblog.org/. Blog Contributor (since 01.2014).
- Journal of Buddhist Philosophy, State University of New York Press (SUNY), Associate Editor (since 04.2021)
- Sophia. International Journal of Philosophy and Traditions, Springer Netherlands, Editorial Board (since 09.2020).
- Argument: Biannual Philosophical Journal; Editorial Board. Department of Philosophy and Sociology, Pedagogical University of Cracow (since 11.2019).
- Journal of Dharma Studies. Philosophy, Theology, Ethics and Culture, Springer Netherlands, Associate Book Reviews Editor (Europe, South Asia) (since 11.2017).