Bart Moens is postdoctoral researcher at IPEM, a music research center focused on embodied music cognition, of Ghent University. He holds a PhD in Art Science and Computer Science Engineering. His research interests include human-computer interaction, synchronisation and artistic performance interaction with technology. The topic of his PhD research, D-Jogger and walking on synchronous music, has lead to one patent application and more than 20 publications. His work was also used as the foundation of one EU/FP7 project in personalised health from 2013 to 2016. Bart Moens also founded his own company Hangaar (Hangaar.net), an artist collective working for theatre and music performance productions. Hangaar produced technical and artistic interactive video projections, resulting in 14 international productions from 2012 to 2017. Bart is currently overseeing the technological deployment of IPEM's new ArtScienceInteractionLab, a collaborative laboratory focussed on music interaction, spatialised sound and augmented reality.
- (Dissertation) D-Jogger : an interactive music system for gait synchronisation with applications for sports and rehabilitation. B. Moens (UGent), 2018
- Effects of adaptive-tempo music-based RAS for Parkinson’s disease patients. B. Moens (UGent) , L. Van Noorden, W. De Wilde (UGent) , M. Lesaffre (UGent) , D. Cambier (UGent) , D. Dotov, P. Santens (UGent) , J. Blomme, H. Soens and M. Leman (UGent). 2017, ESCOM 2017 conference.
- Monitoring music and movement interaction in people with dementia. M. Lesaffre (UGent) , B. Moens (UGent) and F. Desmet (UGent). 2017, The Routledge Companion to embodied music interaction. p.294-303
- Using auditory feedback for the rehabilitation of symmetrical body-weight distribution after ischemic stroke or brain trauma. M. Lesaffre (UGent) , T. Vets (UGent) , B. Moens (UGent) and M. Leman (UGent). 2015, Proceedings of the Ninth Triennial Conference of the European Society for the Cognitive Sciences of Music.
- Encouraging spontaneous synchronisation with D-Jogger, an adaptive music player that aligns movement and music. B. Moens (UGent) , C. Muller, L van Noorden, M. Franěk, B. Celie (UGent) , J. Boone (UGent) , J. Bourgois (UGent) and M. Leman (UGent). 2014, PLOS ONE. 9(12).
- Full list: https://biblio.ugent.be/person/802000208988