Post-doctoral researcher. Joint PhD in Pedagogical Sciences (Department of Special Needs Education, Ghent University) and in Social Sciences (Department of Sociology, University of Antwerp).
Research interests and areas of expertise:
Disability Studies, Bioethics, Moral Sciences, Qualitative Inquiry, Empirical Research, Inclusive Methodologies, Diversity, Gender, Sexuality, Media Representation, Intersectionality
Current research projects:
- Ethical aspects of whole genome sequencing for tuberculosis source investigation (Centre for Whole Genome Sequencing Studies of Tuberculosis)
- Sexual violence on women with disabilities (i.a. Report sexual violence against women with intellectual disabilities)
- Egg providers’ views and experiences on egg donation (Egg Donation in the UK, Belgium and Spain: an interdisciplinary study)
- Ethical concerns regarding in vitro gametogenesis (The science and ethics of stem cell derived gametes)
- Media representation of disability (i.a. Collectively analyzing popular television texts on disability)
Tina Goethals is editor-in-chief of the Journal of Diversity and Gender Studies (DiGeSt).
- Introduction to Moral Sciences (3rd Ba Philospohy and Moral Sciences, Ghent University): Praktijk van het moraalwetenschappelijk onderzoek
- Practise of Moral Sciences (3rd Ba Philospohy and Moral Sciences, Ghent University): Inleiding tot het moraalwetenschappelijk onderzoek
- Statistiek (3nd Ba Philospohy and Moral Sciences, Ghent University)
- Orthopedagogische stage in het binnen- en buitenland (2nd Ma Special Needs Education, Ghent University)
- Diversiteit en Inclusie (2nd Ba Pedagogical Sciences, Ghent University)
Invited Guest Lectures:
- ‘Sexual Violence against Persons with Disabilities’. Training of the staff of the Belgian Sexual Assault Care Centres. 2017-2020, International Centre for Reproductive Heath, Ghent University, Police Ghent & Police Brussels.
- ‘Sexual Violence against Women with Disabilities’. Master in Ecucational Sciences, Disability Studies, 2019, Ghent University.
- ‘Disability & Intersectionality in Research’. Master Gender & Diversity, 2017, Ghent University.
- ‘Intersectional Methods in Research’. Master Gender & Diversity, 2016, Ghent University.
- ‘Disability and Media Representation’. Marie Curie exchange program on Health Communication, 2015, University of Antwerp.
- ‘Doing Narrative Research’. Course on Qualitative Inquiry, 2013, University of Antwerp.
- ‘Working with Narratives in Disability Studies’. Conference on Disability Studies in The Low Countries, 2013, Ghent University & VU University Amsterdam.