Membership in Committees
Member Examination Committee PhD:
- Ladan Rahbari (rapporteur), ‘Gender, Sexuality and the Moral Body: A Qualitative Study of Perceptions and Experiences of Body Management among Women in Iran and Iranian Migrant Women in Belgium’, May 2019.
- Lydia Namatende (rapporteur), ‘Agency with Interstices of Subordination: Female Teacher Educators’ Gendered Lived Experiences in Uganda’, November 2016.
- Hendrika van den Brandt, ‘Religion, Secularity and Feminism in a West-European Context. A Qualitative Study of Organisations and Activism in Flanders’, December 2014.
Member Board of Examiners PhD:
- Memory Mulalo Livhuwani Mphaphuli, 'A balance of stories: a contemporary narrative of the social construction of heterosexuality within black South African families', August 2021.
- Hasan Isikli, ‘Memory and Awareness of Place. An Anthropological research into memory and identity-processes in Izmir city and the International Izmir Festival’, November 2015.
Member Examination Committee for Research Seminar Master for Cultures & Development Studies (CADES), KUL, March 2013.
Member Selection Committee:
- For the post of Assistant in Department Languages and Cultures, Faculty of Arts and Philosophy, Ghent University, March/April 2017
Referee for grant applications:
- ZonMw, the Netherlands (2020)
- ZonMw, the Netherlands (2018).
Active Membership in Research Groups and Expertise Centres
- since 2017: ECSO (Ethics, Culture and Society) – Executive Member
- since 2015: Sophia Belgian Network for Gender Studies – General Assembly Member
- 2015-2017: Sophia Belgian Network for Gender Studies – Board Member
- since 2015: Centre for Parenting Culture Studies, University of Kent (UK) - Associate
- since 2014: U4 Network Gender Studies – Organizing Committee
- since 2014: Diversity Team Faculty of Arts and Humanities, UGent – Member Core Team & Contact Person
- since 2014: Centre for Research on Culture and Gender, UGent – Executive Member
- 2013-2017: Steunpunt Adoptie - Board Member
- 2011-2015: Centre for Studies in African Humanities (CESAH), UGent - Member
- 2010-2015: Ghent Africa Platform (GAP), UGent – Member Executive Committee
- 2008-2014: Centre for Intercultural Communication and Interaction (CiCi), UGent – Executive Member
Peer Review and Editorial Work
- Adoption & Culture: Journal of the Alliance for the Study of Adoption and Culture
- American Anthropologist
- Annals of Medical and Health Sciences Research
- Anthropology and Medicine
- Anthropology Matters
- Childhood: A Global Journal of Child Research
- DiGeSt: Journal of Diversity & Gender Studies
- Journal of Consumer Culture
- Journal of Family Issues
- Journal of GLBT Family Studies
- Medical Anthropology
- NORA - Nordic Journal of Feminist and Gender Research
- PoLAR: Political and Legal Anthropology Review
- Social and Cultural Geography
- Sociological Quarterly
- Sociological Research Online
- The Journal of the Royal Anthropology Institute
- Women’s Studies International Forum
Member Editorial Team DiGeSt: Journal of Diversity and Gender Studies (2014-…)
Editorial Assistant DiGeSt: Journal of Diversity and Gender Studies (2015-2019)
Member of the Editorial Committee of Leuven University Press (2018-2021)